this recipe brings back so many childhood memories for me. My brother, sister and I LOVED this pie so much, and recently when I made it, I remembered why:) its so good and great for kids. Full of iron.
Ingredients (serves 8)
• 1 onion. chopped
• 1 garlic clove, crushed
• 250g Low Fat Cottage Cheese
• 1 cup white sauce (see below)
• 750g baby spinach, cooked, drained
• 1 cups grated mozzarella Cheese
• 4 eggs, beaten
• 1/3 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
• 1 teaspoon oregano leaves
1. Preheat oven to 180degrees
2. Put pan onto medium heat, add a lug of olive oil, fry onion and garlic until soft then slowly add baby spinach a handful at a time , until the packet is finished.
3. Put spinach mixture into a separate bowl then add the remaining ingredients. Pour into a pie dish and bake for about 40minutes or until the centre is set
TO MAKE WHITE SAUCE
1.In a small, heavy saucepan, melt 2 tablespoons of butter over low heat.
2.Blend 2 tablespoons of flour into the melted butter.
3.Add 1/4 teaspoon of salt.
4.Cook over low heat, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes. Cooking for this length of time will minimize ‘flour’ taste.
5.Slowly add 1 cup of milk, stirring constantly.
6.Continue cooking slowly until smooth and thickened.