Nothing beats fresh fish!
We staying at my partners family beach house in Stilbaai – it’s been in the family for a 100 years, so you can just imagine how special it is. A tiny road is what separates the house from the beach. Such a quirky house with such character & one thing we always do is make such an effort with every dinner meal, and everyone gets a turn to cook.
Last night was my turn and I decided to make braaied kabeljou topped with lemon, coriander, chilli & red onion; roasted sweet and normal potatoes; homemade focaccia with sea salt, rosemary & garlic; and a baby spinach, cranberry & blue cheese salad.
And thanks to Michael who helped me scale, gut & butterfly these bad boys :)…
…here is my fish recipe, it feeds 10 people:
2 whole kabeljou
1 red onion sliced
Juice of 4 lemons
1 lemon sliced
A handful of coriander chopped
A splash of olive oil
2 chillies chopped
Salt and pepper
- Scale, gut & butterfly fish
- Mix all marinade ingredients together
- Place fish in marinade and put in fridge for 2 hours +
- Make fire, line the braai grid with foil and place fish on the grid
- Place on a hot fire for 30min or until a toothpick comes out clean