I have a HUGE huge obsession with peanut butter, if I could choose 1 food to never live without… I have to admit it would most DEFINITELY be peanut butter 🙂 I have started serving these at the cafe, and it looks like im not the only one with this obsession 😉
makes 16 sqaures
•125 g plain flour
•1 tsp baking powder
•100 g butter, at room temperature, plus extra for greasing
•150 g crunchy peanut butter
•175 g lightbrown sugar
•1 egg, beaten
•1 tsp vanilla extract
•75 g white chocolate, chopped
1. Preheat the oven to 170C Butter the sides of a 25 x 25cm square cake tin and line the base with greaseproof paper.
2. Sift the flour and baking powder into a small bowl and set aside.
3. In a large bowl, cream the butter and peanut butter together until very soft. Add the sugar, egg and vanilla extract and beat until well combined. Add the flour, baking powder and the chopped chocolate and mix to form a dough.
4. Place the dough into the prepared tin and bake in the oven for 25–30 minutes, or until golden brown and almost firm in the centre.
5. Remove from the oven and allow to cool in the tin, before removing and cutting into 16 squares.