the ultimate dinner for my dads poker evening, quick and easy to make and the perfect hand.
16 beef burgers for the poker team! Enjoy
- small handful of breadcrumbs
- 500g good-quality lean minced beef
- a good grind of salt and pepper
- 1 large egg beaten
- a handful of chopped parsley
- 2 heaped teaspoons of dijon mustard
- 1 clove crushed garlic
- splash of Worcestershire sauce
- pinch of cumin powder
- pinch on dried chilli
- a small handful of sesame seeds
Add all ingredients into a big bowl. the best way to do this is with your hands.
Scrunch the mixture together really well, then divide into 6 equal balls for burgers. Wet your hands and roll the balls into burger-shaped patties about 2cm thick.
Place your burgers on the oiled baking tray and pat with a little olive oil. Cover them with cling film and put the tray into the fridge for at least an hour, or until the patties firm up.
Put some oil into a frying pan or griddle pan, put it on a high heat and fry for 3 or 4 minutes per side.
cut buns in half, layer with butter lettuce, gherkin, tomato, red onion, sauce of choice, cheese and avo.