1 x 2kg free-range organic chicken
sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
1 large, preferably unwaxed, lemon
2 cloves garlic
a handful of fresh thyme
seasonal veggies (butternut, broccoli, patty pans, carrots, courgettes, onions, garlic cloves, sugar snap peas, rosa tomatoes…… etc)
a handful of fresh rosemary sprigs, leaves picked
1. Preheat your oven to 190ºC
2. Cut lemon and squeeze into carcass they put lemon and garlic cloves inside carcass.
3. Rub the chicken with olive oil and grind a generous amount of salt and freshly ground black pepper.
4. Put the chicken into a roasting tray and cook in the preheated oven for around 1hr 30min
5. (You can tell the chicken is cooked when the thigh meat pulls easily away from the bone and the juices run clear.)
6. Half way through roasting your chicken put your seasonal veggies into a roasting pan with a splash of olive oil, salt, pepper, seeds and rosemary and roast for 45min
7. Serve with some freshly baked bread.