My friend and I made this leg of lamb a few months ago, its a combination from 2 recipes.
We have now made it 4 times, and everytime it has been UNBELIEVABLY delicious, its fabulous for a Sunday Roast and the perfect meal in these cold winter months, especially if you entertaining!
It goes great with a medley of roast veggies. Give it a bash 🙂
Ingredients (serves 10-12)
2.8 – 3kg leg of lamb
1 ¼ cup Olive oil
Zest of 2 lemons
Juice of 3 lemons
3 Garlic cloves
3 sprigs of Rosemary
Salt & pepper
1 teaspoon Curry powder
1 teaspoon White pepper
1 teaspoon Grill seasoning
1 teaspoon Paprika
1 teaspoon dried herbs
1 teaspoon sugar
3 bunches of flat leaf parsley (include stalks)
A few sprigs of thyme and basil
2 cloves of garlic
¼ teaspoon Chilli flakes
¼ teaspoon Cinnamon
¼ teaspoon paprika
½ teaspoon cumin
Juice of 1 lemon
Salt & pepper
Enough olive oil to combine
- Chop everything together, then gradually mix the oil in (alternatively put through a food processor; not the Pinenuts)
- Score fat on lamb both side and marinade leg of lamb for 30 or more hours.
- Take lamb out of fridge 2 hours before you cook it.
- Preheat oven to 220degress. Once hot, place some oil in your roasting dish and put back into the oven. Take roasting dish out the oven and sear leg of lamb in hot oil on each side.
- Sprinkle lamb with seasoning
- Place lamb back into oven (with the marinade) for 20min fat side down, then 20min fat side up
- Turn oven down to 150 – 160degrees and cook for a further 3.5hours.
- Slice lamb and top with chermoula and roasted pinenuts
If you would like a gravy, take the top layer of fat off the marinade, pour it into a pot, add a tablespoon of jam (I used strawberry), a teaspoon of mustard, a splash of balsamic vinegar or red wine. Then thicken with mazina/cornflour.