this brownie recipe is a real winner, you can pick and choose what filling you wish, they are so easy to make and to this day, everyone that eats them absolutely loves them.
i like to serve it slightly warmed with a scoop of vanilla ice-cream and hot chocolate sauce but they are just as delicious cut into smaller squares and served plain with coffee after a meal
Give it a try!
140g butter, plus extra for greasing
4 large eggs
350g castor sugar
140g cake flour
75g cocoa powder
100g any biscuit / pecan nuts / hazelnuts (I usually use marie or oreo)
100g white chocolate roughly chopped / fudge / ANY chocolate (i usually use white chocolate or snicker)
1. Preheat oven to 170degrees. Line a 23cm square tin with greaseproof paper and butter generously.
2. Very gently melt butter in saucepan and leave to cool. Using a wooden spoon, beat the eggs with the sugar in a large bowl until creamy and smooth, the stir in cooled butter
3. Add flour and cocoa to a large bowl, Stir in one egg at a time until it is all incorporated.
4. Add you filling of choice
5. Pour mixture into the tin and bake for 40minutes until a slight crust has formed on top. Do not overcook mixture, it should be sticky in the middle.
6. Once cooled, life out of cake tin and place on a wire rack to completely cool.
7. Cut into 16 or 25 squares depending on the size you desire